Child Safety

Headline News stories of tragic accidents involving a baby or young child.

 "Knowledge is Power", Sir Frances Bacon



Newark, Boy, 2, killed when TV and Dresser Fall on top of him
Tuesday, 26 January 2010 20:39
baby safety

Newark, New Jersey Boy, 2, killed when TV and Dresser Fall on top of him

A two year old boy from Newark was killed when a TV and Dresser Fall on top of him. He was watching TV with his older brother when he opened a drawer causing the TV and dresser it was on, to fall on top of him. His grandmother was in another room when the accident happened. January 26, 2010.  

 
Milwaukee baby boy dies co-sleeping with father in Kenosha
Tuesday, 26 January 2010 20:31

Milwaukee baby boy dies co-sleeping with father in Kenosha, likely smothered

 

Milwaukee, Wisconson - A 6-month old baby boy died, while co-sleeping with his father in Kenosha. Police Sgt. Hugh Rafferty says it appears the boy's father rolled on top of him and he was smothered. The boy was rushed to Kenosha Medical center, but pronounced dead. January 26, 2010 

 
Brewton, Alabama toddler chokes on marble and dies
Tuesday, 26 January 2010 20:21

Brewton, Alabama toddler girl, chokes on marble and dies 

Brewton, Alabama - An 8-month old toddler choke on marble that somehow got into her playpen and died. Her mother dialed 911 and she was rushed to D.W McMillan Hospital but they were unable to revive her. January 26, 2010 Small objects like marbles, watch batteries etc. can be harmful or fatal to young children. Make sure your childproofing checklist includes inpecting for these objects. 

 
Muskegon, Michigan baby drowns in tub
Saturday, 23 January 2010 17:20

Muskegon, Michigan baby, 10-months old, drowns in bathtub

Muskegon, Michigan - A mother left her baby, Gage Alexander Monson, in the tub and when she returned he wasnt breathing. The baby was taken to Grand Rapids hospital but drowned. January 22, 2010 

 
Port Charlotte, Florida, twin toddler boys found in grandparent's pool, one drowns
Tuesday, 19 January 2010 10:07

Port Charlotte, Florida, twin toddlers found in grandparent's pool, one drowns

Port Charlotte, Florida - Joshua and Christian DeMellow were found by their mother face down in the their grandparent's pool at 23260 McNamee Ave. in Port Charlotte Saturday afternoon. Joshua was pronounced dead at Peace River Hospital Saturday, January 16, 2010. Christian was taken to All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg in critical condition. Apparently another toddler at the home opened the sliding glass door. The Charlotte County Sheriff's Major Crimes Unit are investigating the drownings. January 20, 2009 Update Christian DeMellow has also died. child drowning

 
Hamilton, Ohio toddler dead after swallowing watch battery
Wednesday, 13 January 2010 18:39

Hamilton, Ohio 13-month-old boy, Aidan Truett dies after swallowing watch battery

Hamilton, Ohio - A 13-month old swallowed a battery commonly called a button battery used in watches, DVD remotes and musical greeting cards. The battery caused bleeding which led to his death. It's a combination of the acid and the current passing through the tissue that causes the fatal damage. January 13, 2009. 

 
Fort Myers two-year-old shoots himself in head and dies
Tuesday, 12 January 2010 21:21

Fort Myers boy, Ian Allen, 2 shoots himself in head and dies

Fort Myers, Florida - A two-year-old boy, Ian Allen, found a loaded gun and shot himself in head while under his great grandmother's care. The boy was in a home in the 14000 block of Calusa Palms Drive. January 10. 2010 

 
Wenatchee boy, 4, dies after choking on a hot dog
Tuesday, 12 January 2010 21:12

Wenatchee boy, Antonio Arriaga, dies after choking on a hot dog

Wenatchee, Washington - A four-year-old boy Antonio Arriaga, dies after choking on a hot dog. Both family members and a deputy could not dislodge it using the Heimlich maneuver. January 12, 2010

 
Apple Valley, California 3-year-old killed by family pitt bull
Monday, 11 January 2010 18:01

Apple Valley, California boy, Omar Martinez,  3, killed by family pitt bull

Apple Valley, California - Three year old Omar Marinez, was attacked by the family pitt bull when his father briefly left him outside alone with the dog to retrieve a toy for his son in the home on Goshute Avenue.  After the father frantically called 911, the paramedics could not get near the boy because the dog was so aggressive. A deputy shot and killed the pitt bull dog. January 11, 2010

 
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>

Page 10 of 46

Baby Safety

Child Safety

Safety Tips

Join to receive our Newsletter and Child Safety alerts and information.