Child Safety

Headline News stories of tragic accidents involving a baby or young child.

 "Knowledge is Power", Sir Frances Bacon



Albuquerque boy, 4, finds gun and fatally shoots himself
Wednesday, 21 April 2010 21:40

Albuquerque Boy, 4, finds gun and fatally shoots himself in Gun Safety incident

Albuquerque, New Mexico - A four year old boy found a loaded gun while being watched by a babysitter and shot and killed himself. He was taken to University of New Mexico Hospital but died of his wounds. According to the babysitter, the boy was napping in the master bedroom and found the gun. Police are investigating. April 21, 2010

 
New Port Richey, Florida, baby, 7 days old killed by pitt bull
Thursday, 15 April 2010 20:20

New Port Richey, Florida, baby, 7 days old killed by pitt bull

New Port Richey, Florida - A 7-day-old baby boy, Thomas Carter Jr. was killed by the family pitt bull. The baby's mother, Nicole Koezeno slept through the attack and the baby had over 50 puncture wounds on his tiny body. The baby was pronounced dead at Morton Bay North Bay Hospital. 

dogs and kids
 
Phoenix girl, three, drowns after falling into family pool
Saturday, 10 April 2010 17:21

Phoenix girl, three, drowns after falling into family pool at her home on Cholla Street

Phoenix, Arizona -A three-year-old girl, was found by her siblings, face down in the swimming pool. The family had been swimming and propped the gate on the pool open. The family went inside and when her siblings went back outside to resume swimming, they found her face down. She was not breathing and CPR attempts failed. She had been missing about ten minutes. April 9, 2010.  

 
Roy, Utah boy, 4, run over in driveway by parent
Thursday, 08 April 2010 19:28

Roy, Utah boy, 4, run over in driveway by parents in Suzuki SUV in auto safety incident

Roy, Utah - A four-year old Utah boy was run over and killed in his own home's driveway by his parent's who though an adult was supervising him in the home. April 8, 2010 

 
Galesburg, Michigan baby found unresponsive in baby swing
Thursday, 08 April 2010 19:16

Galesburg, Michigan baby girl found unresponsive and Not Breathing in Baby Swing

Galesburg, Michigan - A two-month old baby girl died at her home in the Gale Valley Estates on Michigan Avenue after being discoverd unresponsive in baby swinging seat. There is no obvious cause of death but the undersheriff stated that preliminary results showed it was caused by positional asphyxiation. Learn more about childproofing at Baby Safety Checklist April 7, 2010.

 
Orlando toddler chokes on popcorn and was unable to be revived
Tuesday, 06 April 2010 22:20

Orlando toddler chokes on popcorn and was unable to be revived in Choking Incident

Orlando, Florida - A 13-month old toddler, Damarien Davis from Eustis, choked on popcorn while watching a movie. His father Dion Davis performed the Heimlich maneuver and CPR but was unable to be revive him and he lost consciousness. He was transported to Florida Hospital Waterman in Tavares April 5, 2010.

 
Orange County boy, 2 drowns in family pool on Maplestead Circle
Saturday, 03 April 2010 18:15

Orange County, Florida two-year old boy drowns in family pool on Maplestead Circle

Orange County, Florida - A boy, 2 drowned at a family gathering after falling unnoticed into the family pool at the home on Maplestead Circle. A landscaper that heard screms helped perform CPR on the boy until paramedics arrived. HeThey were able to get a pulse but he later died.  April 5, 2010

 
Philadelphia toddler fatally hit by car chasing a ball into the street
Saturday, 03 April 2010 18:05

Philadelphia toddler fatally hit by car chasing a ball into Catharine Street in Auto Safety incident

Philadelphia, Penn. A two-year-old boy, Ikie Jones, Jr. ran into the street between parked cars and was hit chasing a ball. He was taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia but passed away due to severe head trauma. The driver of the Izusu stayed at the scene and did not appear to be under the influence of any substance. April 3, 2010

 
Oklahoma City Toddler, Ester Watson, Choked by Car Window
Wednesday, 31 March 2010 21:54

Oklahoma City Toddler Choked by Car Window - Auto Safety

auto safety

Oklahoma City, Oaklahoma - A toddler was nearly choked to death by an electric car window. The mother left three children in the car when she briefly went back into her home. When she came back she found her two-year old daughter, Esther was trapped in the window. Esther crawled out of her car seat and was paying with the power winder switch when her head got trapped between the window glass and the window frame. Esther spent several days in NICU but is expected to recover. There were nearly 2000 similar cases reported last year and in 68% of those cases the children had fractures or crushed body parts and resulted in six fatalities. March 30, 2010.

 
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>

Page 6 of 46

Baby Safety

Child Safety

Safety Tips

Join to receive our Newsletter and Child Safety alerts and information.