Child Safety References
A hearty "thank you" to the wonderful organizations below that are involved in baby and child safety. They have provided invaluable information and facts we were able to share to bring awareness to the subjects of baby and child safety and children accident prevention. Specifically they have accumulated statistics and facts involving auto accidents, drowning, child injury and prevention, and data on the causes of preventable death in babies and small children. Additionally, many of these organizations provide valuable tips and advice on preventing horrible accidents that lead to permanent damage and death of our babies, toddlers and small children.
(1,7) World Health Organization Unicef 2008 World report on child injury prevention
(2) NHTSA National Center for Statistics and Analysis, 2007 Data, Traffic Safety Facts DOT HS 810 987 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE., Washington DC 20590
(3) Center for Disease Control and Prevention Water related injury Fact Sheet. Modified June 12, 2008
(4) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Swimming and Recreational Water Safety. In: Health Information for International Travel 2005-2006. Atlanta: US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, 2005.
(5) Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center. Best Practices
(7) The National Institute for Health report on Drowning
(8) Consumer Product Safety Commission